No Time to Wait! – Initializing Initiatives
Hosted by the Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives and MediaArea.net, the fourth annual No Time to Wait conference will be held on December 5–6, 2019 (with an optional workshop/codeday on December 4th) at Blinken OSA in downtown Budapest, Hungary.
This two-day symposium will focus on open media, open standards, and digital audiovisual preservation
The event will feature presentations and discussion on topics such as:
- developing collaborative initiatives to preserve media
- efforts to extend capabilities and opportunities within archives
- active open media standardization projects
- seeking consensus in audiovisual preservation strategy
- examination of open media use in film and video digitization
- integration of open source tools into archival workflow
- examples of cross-community collaboration and skill-sharing
- developments in open media and more.
Follow @nttwconf for news and updates about No Time to Wait. Our recommended hashtag is #nttw4.
The conference will be livestreaming on the MediaArea YouTube channel.
Workshop/Codeday: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Conference: Thursday, December 5, 2019 and Friday, December 6, 2019
Opening: 9:00 a.m.
Closing: 5:00 p.m.
The conference includes drinks and lunch on site. We are seeking a sponsor (or two) to support a social dinner for Thursday night. Please also note that on Friday, we'll be celebrating the 17th birthday of the Matroska format.
Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives, Arany János u. 32, 1051 Budapest, Hungary Tel: +36-1-327-3250
No Time To Wait #4