OSA / Collections / Fonds / HU OSA 300-50-22 | Search
HU OSA 300-50-22 Fonds 300: Records of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Research Institute Subfonds 50: Polish Unit Series 22: Transcripts and Analyses of Seweryn Bialer
Extent and medium 2 Archival boxes, 0.25 linear meters
Scope and contentSeweryn Bialer was born in 1926. He joined to the illegal antifascist movement in Lodz in 1942. Between February 1944 and May 1945 he was a prisoner in the concentration camp at Auschwitz. From 1945 onwards he held different positions in the Polish Communist Party and in the state establishment, such as political officer of the State Police in Warsaw, Member of the Central Committee of the Polish Worker's Party, Professor at the Institute of Sociology, political editor of the newspaper 'Trybuna Ludu', author of different textbooks for political studies.
In January, 1956 Bialer defected to West -Berlin and gave an almost one-year long interview for RFE/RL in New York, which was broadcast to Poland by the Radio in the same year.
Accruals Not expected
System of arrangement
- The documents are arranged by the transcribed programs and thereunder chronologically.
Language/scripts of material English, Polish
Related units of description
- HU OSA 300-50-12 Reports of the RFE News Bureaus, 1970-1976
- HU OSA 300-50-13 RFE Confidential Reports on Poland, 1971-1975
- HU OSA 300-50-9 Interviews with Andrzej Czechovicz, Mieczyslaw Lach and Andrzej Smolinski, 1971-1975
- HU OSA 300-50-11 Information Items, 1970-1971
- HU OSA 300-50-6 Interviews with Józef Swiatlo, 1954-1955
Date(s) of descriptionsArranged and described by Miklós Tamási, 30 September, 2002
Online version updated 23 April 2013
|© 1995-2010 Open Society Archives at Central European University|